How can I protect my children and pets from electrical hazards in my home?
May 22, 2015
Here is a list of methods to protect your children and pets from electrical hazards in your home:
- Install tamper resistant outlets. These protect small children from inserting foreign objects into them. Often, the simple plastic caps can be easily removed by some children.
- Keep electrical cords tied up or out of sight
- Unplug appliances when they are not in use and keep appliances out of children’s bathrooms.
- Teach children to not touch appliances when their hands are wet and to keep the appliances away from water
- Make sure plugs are completely plugged in.
- Keep halogen lamps away from play areas.
- Discourage pets from curling up and having naps behind electrical equipment.
- Keep your children and pets away from space heaters and fireplaces.
–Office Administrator, Rachel